Suncoast Cabs are concerned for your safety.
Our goal is to ease any concerns you have about travelling in a taxi.
We are convinced that a taxi is the safest alternative to other forms of transport and it is backed by being the only 24/7 Public Transport provider on the Sunshine Coast.
Make sure that you experience a personal feeling of comfort and security by adopting the following procedures whenever you:
HAIL A CAB:
If you feel uncomfortable or in doubt about the ‘bona fides’ of your cab driver-
- Note the fleet number displayed on the inside front windscreen or on the external of the vehicle.
- Phone or SMS a friend with the details of your journey or SMS details to our Call Centre on 0999 0008* and we will confirm receipt of your message. Make sure you begin the message with “sun” to ensure it reaches us.
- If you are helping a friend into a cab, you may wish to record the details of the cab trip and save the details in your mobile’s phonebook or notebook.
- Remember that all of our Taxi Cab drivers are subjected to ongoing criminal and traffic incident history reviews.
- Finally, if a driver is not in uniform, DON’T ENTER THE VEHICLE!!
MAKE YOUR JOURNEY SAFE:
We recommend that the left rear seating position be used (diagonally opposite the driver) as the maximum safety seat. Any conversation that you feel is ‘out of order’ should be brought to the attention of the driver. His training states, “… do not initiate conversation except in relation to the business of getting the customer to their destination – if the customer feels inclined to chat, the weather and sport are ideal, safe topics”.
REACH YOUR DESTINATION:
It is YOUR CHOICE when your destination is reached, whether or not you would like the driver to light the way to – and wait until you have safely reached – the door.
Visited 392 times, 1 Visit today